An international oil company recognised that regional teams needed bespoke training to build their digital confidence before incident response exercises.
Sometimes these exercises take place outside a particular team’s own country or region. So regional knowledge becomes even more important.
Social media has a vital role to play in an oil-spill response. It can:
- Keep people informed of the facts
- Prevent the spread of misinformation
- Help to keep people safe
- Help to mobilise volunteers
But social media channels – and the way they’re used – differ the world over. We designed our bespoke training to give the client localised briefings on:
- Channels specific to that region
- Media consumption
- Online behaviours in particular countrieS