Alasdair helps to build clients’ digital capability, in both crisis and peace time. He delivers training to a wide range of teams across the world.
Alasdair has more than 8 years’ experience in digital, with extensive knowledge of public sector communications. Before joining Helpful, he worked for the Prime Minister’s Office and the Department for Communities and Local Government.
His work at Helpful includes:
- delivering regular Government Communications Service courses to a wide range of civil servants (including some really interesting agencies!)
- being involved in a Tier-one terrorism exercise with participants from over 30 blue-light responders, local authorities and central government.
- delivering crisis training and building new business contacts in Hong Kong
Alasdair enjoys helping organisations to understand their audiences and find the right channels for communicating with them. He believes that effective communication can help to save lives during a crisis.
Alasdair has a Masters degree in History from the University of Cambridge. He speaks Italian, French and is a Norwich City fan.
Alasdair’s digital interests and specialisms include:
- Digital crisis and emergency communications
- Social media channel reviews
- Designing and facilitating training workshops
- Social media analytics