Kate is an Associate Director and member of the executive team at the Helpful Digital Group.
She is a crisis communications specialist.
Her biggest motivator is knowing that our training allows people to do their jobs more confidently and effectively.
Kate has extensive experience in digital communications training, social media audits and crisis response reviews. She is also an expert in preparing and delivering crisis communications training.
Kate has worked across crisis communication coordination, event management, community and stakeholder relations, media advisory and corporate social media management, including for the Queensland Government.
Kate delivers guest lectures for Masters students studying Journalism and Crisis Simulation for Cardiff University and is a sitting member of the advisory board for the Crisis Response Journal.
She has a Bachelor of Journalism and a Bachelor of Arts (Criminology) from The University of Queensland, Australia.
Kate’s digital interests and specialisms include:
- Facilitating training workshops
- Crisis preparedness for emergency services
- Developing social media advocacy
- Helping people get started online
Kate’s featured projects:
- Digital skills training for global teams at L’Oréal
- Emergency simulations for UK Home Officer counter terrorism
- Resilience training with the Bank of England and regulators