Chris is Executive Director and co-owner of the Helpful Digital Group.
He is an expert in crisis and reputation management.
Chris’s goal is to enable and empower clients to have the knowledge and confidence to become self-reliant and to run their digital communications independently.
Chris has extensive experience of developing and delivering high-end crisis preparedness training. He’s also adept in live crisis response: from strategy development through to messaging and tactical engagement.
Chris’ 10+ years of experience in digital and crisis communications includes roles for Cohn & Wolfe, Regester Larkin by Deloitte and the BBC. He has a Masters in International Public Relations from the Cardiff School of Journalism.
Chris has regularly delivered lectures on crisis communications to Cardiff University School of Journalism, Raymond Mason School of Business in Virginia and the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York.
Chris’s digital interests and specialisms include:
- Digital crisis and emergency communications
- Localised digital communications strategies to connect brands to audiences using local channels
- Strategic messaging that resonates with online audiences
- Matching training and coaching solutions to client needs
Chris’s featured projects:
- Crisis exercises to build digital triage and engagement skills for Vancouver Airport Authority
- Stress-testing critical and strategic responses of students at the US National Defense University
- Global Crisis Communications Training, simulation exercises and digital marketing training for L’Oréal