The best storytelling in communications becomes quickly diluted if the telling isn’t done by real people, in a style that suits them. Real people talking about their work on their own channels brings a level of authenticity and credibility that cannot be achieved on corporate channels.
We’ve worked with the Royal Air Force to:
- identify and recruit personnel who are already using social media well, to talk about their work in a personal, professional manner
- run workshops and remote support to bring these people into a special network of RAF Storytellers
- ensure that Storytellers receive the highest level support and are integral to communications planning
The first cohort got to work straight away, showing what it’s like to:
- work somewhere different (see Lauren is helping people get all the training need for parachute jumps [via Instagram])
- experience something amazing (Marcus is flying with the Red Arrows [via Instagram])
- achieve a special goal (Josephine joined a luge team [via Instagram])
Storytellers have also led takeovers of RAF social channels, answering more than 400 questions about life in the RAF, from the public and their colleagues.