You get one chance to make a first impression. Typically your prospective clients first impression of your organisation’s website or social media presence happens in a matter of seconds. So it’s vital to regularly review your digital assets.
What better time to start than the beginning of a New Year and what better place to start than your…
Think Brand, Product, Information:
- Review and update content and design.
- Ensure it is mobile friendly. Essential post pandemic!
- Focus on the user experience (UX) – People will exit a website if an image takes too long or won’t load.
- Learn more about making your site more accessible with this guide from our Helpful team.
Social media is where your audience is. Globally, over 3.6 billion people use social media and the number is projected to increase to 4.41 billion in 2025.
Think about this as you build a relationship with your users…
Engage, Enlighten, Encourage:
- Update bios, avatars and cover photos.
- Review your follower count and look at the trend during 2021.
- Know your audience with the Helpful team’s online guide.
- Check and manually remove bots and suspicious followers.
- Listening is key. We have a social media listening guide for you to get you started.
- Remember mobile friendly interfaces! 98.8% of social media users wholly or partly access social media through a mobile device.
- Unsure how to respond to comments… Check out our social media response flow chart.
Visuals grab your audience’s attention. We process visual content faster than text so reviewing your graphics library is essential.
- Refresh your graphics library. Set up a new folder for 2022.
- Showcase your organisation’s culture with new images and videos from as wide a range of staff as you can.
- Try creating a few GIFs related to your brand and industry, and add them to GIPHY’s library.
- Invest in training for staff to learn about communicating with visuals and read our handy guide.
Even if you are highly trained and educated, industries will keep changing and require constant adaptation. Proactively upskilling is non negotiable.
- Know your goals.
- Identify your knowledge gaps.
- Set your strategy.
- Look into virtual courses and online learning. Google, Meta, and LinkedIn all have their own excellent free training courses.
- Check who has access to passwords for social media accounts.
- Ensure your passwords are secure enough. Consider implementing two-factor authentication.
- Review how your passwords are stored and if there’s a central document make sure it is up-to-date.
- LastPass is handy for securing your passwords and setting-up two-factor authentication.
- Here’s a full guide to keeping your social media accounts safe.
Remember that how much you care about everything is a reflection of how much you’ll care about anything so create your messaging and content with care. Set your key messages for 2022 and make this your best year yet.