It’s the eve before Christmas leave, and the emails are starting to go quiet. Looking back over all of our files last night, we’ve facilitated some exciting projects during 2017. But all in all, there have been some memorable moments across the board when it comes to observing participant reactions during a crisis simulation. Here, I share just a few that have caught my attention over the past twelve months.
I gift you (in Gifs):
10 reactions to crisis simulations in 2017:
1. When the simulation is a surprise and everyone realises it’s not just a meeting…
2. Trying to remember the theory taught in the masterclass two hours before the simulation
3. And suddenly you’re on the TV!
4. When that internal email appears online in the news..
5. And then the share price starts dropping
6. Before a fake account starts tweeting rogue information at your customers
7. And the response tweet is one character too long to post to Twitter
8. Then letting out a big sigh when the exercise is over
9. Before looking around the room and realising how talented everyone in the team is
10. Knowing that you’re all the better for practicing… even if it felt too real for comfort
May next year bring many more exciting opportunities for us to train the world’s best crisis communications professionals.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!