Location of work: Work from home, or use our fully funded global hot-desking subscription. Some paid-for travel will be required
Hours of work: Full time, 40 hours per week or we also welcome applications from people seeking part time, compressed or term-time working
Holiday entitlement: 25 days a year in addition to local public holidays.
Contract term: flexible
Salary and benefits: £22, 672 (or your equivalent currency)
- 5% employer pension contributions
- We’ll cover the cost of calls and data for work
- Find out more about our benefits and culture: playbook.helpfuldigital.com
Purpose: Help us deliver our mission to build confidence in a digital world. You’ll support us to design and deliver social media training and consulting projects for a wide variety of clients, from global brands to public sector institutions and charities.
It’s an exciting time to join Helpful.
We’re expanding our team and have ambitious plans to scale our work in:
- crisis and emergency communications
- social media skills
- and social media leadership.
We’re proud to help some of the world’s biggest brands, to confidently communicate with online audiences.
We do this through some amazing platforms, such as Social Simulator. The quality of our work means we enjoy a high volume of repeat business and a great deal of trust with our clients.
Our team of trainers, consultants, developers and managers all have one thing in common: they’re passionate about helping businesses to communicate better online through confident, skilled in-house teams.
All our projects offer huge variety and scope for creativity. Everything we do is grounded in good practice and using digital to build trust and accountability.
We want to recruit interns with one or more of the following interests:
- How it feels to be part of a fully remote, global workplace
- Social media and its impact on big businesses
- Content creation, especially video and photography
- Designing training and building people’s confidence to do something new
- Presenting information in new and engaging ways
We’re a supportive team with a relatively flat hierarchy, but lots of scope for progression.
You’ll have the opportunity to travel (potentially globally) to meet with a variety of team members and to assist with delivery of different projects.
You will help us:
- research and write scenarios for social media crisis simulations
- design and deliver workshops to build skills with digital channels
- coach clients to write better blogs or improve their digital channels
- roleplay on crisis simulation exercises
- attend live crisis exercises in-person and interact with clients
- participate in monthly F2F meetings with some of the team
- Be an active, regular user of at least 2 social media channels, for personal or professional purposes, or willing to create accounts
- Have an interest in how to use digital channels to communicate with audiences in other parts of the world. Think: blogs, social, video, to reach people with limited access to the internet, or those who don’t speak English as their first language
- Have a creative mindset to help develop content, presentations, training modules
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach, manage your time well, and be pro-active in asking for support when you need
- Be keen to learn from the rest of your team and ready to share your experience
How to apply
Send resume & covering letter to [email protected]. We are not accepting approaches from recruiters for this role.
About the company
At Helpful Digital we help world-class organisations raise their teams’ digital performance.
A practically-minded, consultancy-based firm supported by world-class digital products, we offer:
- digital communication strategy – helping you shape a practical plan for your channels and team that really engages your audience
- digital corporate communication skills – training, coaching and self-paced learning to equip your team with the skills they need to be effective corporate communicators in a digital world
- digital crisis preparedness – making sure you have a crisis plan that’s adapted to the modern media environment, and your team has the confidence and practical skills to deliver under pressure
Founded in 2010, we’re a relaxed and friendly team with offices in London and New York, with clients and agency partners all over the world.