Location of work: Choose between working permanently from home, at our London office, or a hybrid model. This role will require occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
Hours of work:
- Full time, 40 hours per week or
- we also welcome applications from people seeking part time, compressed or term-time working
Holiday entitlement: 25 days a year in addition to 8 bank holidays.
Contract term: Permanent. Following successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 – £28,000
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Call and data contract
Purpose: Help us deliver our mission to build confidence in a digital world. You’ll support us to design and deliver social media training and consulting projects for a wide variety of clients, from global brands to public sector institutions and charities.
It’s an exciting time to join Helpful.
We’re expanding our team and have ambitious plans to scale our digital capability work. We’re proud to help some of the world’s biggest brands, charities and governments to confidently communicate with online audiences.
We do this through some amazing platforms, such as Social Simulator. The quality of our work means we enjoy a high volume of repeat business and a great deal of trust with our clients.
Our team of trainers, consultants, developers and managers all have one thing one in common: they’re passionate about helping businesses to communicate better online through confident, skilled in-house teams.
All our projects offer huge variety and scope for creativity. Everything we do is grounded in good practice and using digital to build trust and accountability.
We’re a supportive team and a fun place to work.
Perhaps you’re looking for your first or second role since leaving education. Or maybe you’re returning to work and looking for a part time position.
We don’t have any fixed ideas about where you should be in your career and a university degree is not essential.
However, you must have experience working in communications or media.
- Be an active, regular user of at least 2 social media channels, for personal or professional purposes.
- Have an interest in how to use digital channels to communicate with audiences in other parts of the world. Think: blogs, social, video, to reach people with limited access to the internet, or those who don’t speak English as their first language
- Have experience in:
- crisis management or
- corporate communications or
- in media or journalism
- Have a creative mindset to help develop presentations, design training and suggest content ideas to our clients
- Be prepared to speak confidently as part of presentations, training or when helping to deliver pitches for new work
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- Have practical examples of managing competing priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach. You’re able to manage your time and resources, get to grips with new systems and tools quickly
- Be keen to learn from the rest of your team and ready to share your experience
Ideally you will:
- Use French as a first or second language
You’ll be working with at least 2 other members of the team to help us:
- research and write social media reviews
- design and deliver workshops to build skills with digital channels
- prepare crisis simulations using our Social Simulator platform
- coach clients to write better blogs or improve their digital channels
- assist with marketing and business development
- present scenarios, workshops and recommendations to client audiences ranging from customer care teams to C-suite executives
How to apply
If this job excites you and feels like your next challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send us the following:
- A resume detailing your relevant experience
- A one-page cover letter detailing how your experience meets the requirements for this specific role
Please send your application to email@example.com.
The recruitment process begins with an initial sift of applications, followed by two rounds of interviews. In the second interview we will ask you to prepare and deliver a short presentation.
We work in many parts of the world and know that having a range of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds allows us to deliver better solutions for our clients. We welcome applications from everyone, irrespective of people’s age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
For the successful applicant, we will take requests for flexible working arrangements into consideration where the scope of the role allows. Those who are looking for flexible working arrangements, whether that be location or part-time hours, are encouraged to apply. We also welcome applications from those who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK. Those requiring sponsorship will be considered alongside all other applications.
No recruitment agencies, please.