Phil is our Technical Director.
He manages our infrastructure and market leading platforms which support our crisis training and exercises.
Phil takes a holistic approach to web development. He believes that a website doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Instead, a website should be informed by, and work in coordination with, other channels – as well as business, staff and user needs.
Phil’s experience developing for high-profile, multinational audiences and focus on in-house technology makes us more agile and resilient than competitors, ensuring we can combine security, reliability and innovation.
Phil has 10+ years experience in technical teams, spanning web development, DevOps and platform management. Roles include lead web developer at the Medical Research Council (MRC) Laboratory of Molecular Biology “the Nobel Prize factory”, where he developed WordPress sites for both the institute and international MRC units.
Phil has a BSc in Biological Sciences from the University of East Anglia.
Phil’s digital interests and specialisms include:
- Network and web infrastructure
- User experience
- Web performance and semantics
Phil’s featured projects:
- Leading the ongoing development of our market-leading Social Simulator and Crisis90 platforms
- The roll-out of our Digital Action Plan platform to more than 5000 L&D users
- Security and governance of data and information for the Helpful Digital Group